Key changes to the guidance for England include:
The following information has been updated:
- managing confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community
- the framework for supporting transport to and from schools
- pupils who are shielding or self-isolating
- use of face coverings in schools
- actions for all schools and local authorities with regards to recording attendance and absence
- employer health and safety and equalities duties
- support available for schools with regard to supply teachers
- performance management and appraisal for teachers
- music, dance and drama in school
- wraparound provision and extra-curricular activity
- physical activity in schools
- new resources available for pupil wellbeing and support
- behaviour expectations
- primary assessment
- additional resources available for delivering remote education
- changes to SEND legislation
For further details on the guidance for schools in England please click here
This guidance has been developed to support a safe return to school for all children, young people and staff taking full account of progress made in suppressing COVID-19 in Scotland, the scientific advice received and the advice of the Education Recovery Group and other key stakeholders.
For specific guidance for Scotland please click here to view
Key changes to the guidance for Wales include:
- Guidance on the use of face coverings.
- Revised position on shielding as a result of the Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) announcement to pause shielding from 16 August.
- School transport guidance to provide greater clarity.
- Revised detail on food in school and catering arrangements to provide further clarification.
- Self isolation advice and Track Trace Protect (TTP) advice updated to reflect the change in self isolation from 7 to 10 days in line with the UK.
- Attendance update to reflect stakeholder feedback on coding.
- A link to the education workforce risk assessment toolkit.
- Educational visits.
- Nursery provision.
- Maintaining immunisations during COVID-19.
For specific guidance for Wales please click here to view